I can't decide which one I like best. Jordan says #2...probably because of his new CELL PHONE! So...you can pick or not pick...but you get to see them both.
Any of you following this blog will know that this truly has been a year of change for our family...TRULY! But change is good. Variety surely is the spice of life. Although I know this to be true, I must admit that it has been all too often I have thought to just give up this 'change' and go back to the way it was. But I know that is not only NOT possible, but NOT even right!
The way we were....wasn't all that bad. But I know that the way things are now are much better. The change mostly involved ME and my decision (backed by my family) to return to school to get a PhD. It is NOTHING I would have ever Ever E.V.E.R. chosen on my own will, but the Lord is pretty good at placing me in the spots He knows I am supposed to be...as well as my family. And so....I go to school!
Things, lately, have really fallen into place. Because I don't believe in coincidence, but that everything happens for a reason, I know it is the Lord's doing....His tender mercies. It is as if the "windows of heaven" have been opened and there is absolutely "not room enough to receive it." I cannot dispute His influence in these new turn of events. Just talking about it makes me feel His presence. Direction in life is a grand thing!
Not only have I gone back to school, but other changes have emerged around here.
- A new bathroom for the kids
- The kids being able to really fix their own meals for themselves (a natural byproduct of being away, I think)
- A teenager WITH a cell phone around here
- 4 kids reading!
- MANY miles driven to and from SIUC - which means many Gen Conference talks and books listened to...as well as MANY minutes talking on the phone (but so far no icy roads OR too many deer to give a scare ....KNOCK ON WOOD!!!)
- Purging is going on AS WE SPEAK (a much needed occurrence around here)
- A new bed for EVERYONE....new rooms, beds built or built onto the wall...paint, ETC
- A new car
At any rate...as we celebrate this holiday our thoughts go back to the lowly stable where our Savior was born. No fan fare, just a humble stable where the joy of all joys began His life. We think of the angels who sang His praise, the Shepherds who came quickly, the wise men who followed the star as they sought the Christ child, the gifts they brought and hope that in some way we, too, sing His praise, come quickly unto Him, seek Him diligently, and share our gifts and talents with others as we "do it unto the least" of His children (and even the most ... and ALL those in between). His joy surpasses all else; His light brightens even the darkest corner; His life heals all wounds, scars, experiences!
The lights on our house and tree, as well as those in our yard remind me of His light. Our tree...a constant reminder of the true meaning of this holiday. And though the presents seem to bring squeals of delight from the children as they continually check them out under the tree, I think of what I would give Christ...and if I am genuinely giving Him enough of me and who I am and what I have to offer.
Am I ready? The gifts are purchased (for the most part) but am I REALLY ready? I have some time to go...to read the stories that bring the Christmas spirit, read of His birth in Luke, and get out of my own busy life to relax and contemplate the miracle, the wonder, the truth, and the joy His life brings to me and my family. We have been so richly blessed this year (and all years prior).
May your holidays be filled with His love, with love P.E.R.I.O.D. We wish you all the abundant blessings His life has to offer!


1 comment:
Our gift was the BEST! You are all safely taped to our family room walls so you are with us every day. So funny that Nicky and Krista really thought you all had come to surprise me and were ready to pack up and drive down too. Love my family.
Post a Comment