 |
| Our tire swing was too heavy for this huge branch evidently |
 |
| Held up by the Christmas lights |
 |
| 3 huge branches down in the backyard...one hit the house but only dented the gutter (thank goodness) |
 |
| About a 6-8" branch from high up in the tree |
 |
| Another one ready to fall |
 |
| This photo enlarged shows the 1/2" ice on the limbs |
 |
| The snow was deep (sort of) and frozen under the 1/2" ice and dusting of snow....it was at my hip rather than my chest level |
This is what I found when I got home Thursday morning! I knew about the storm...it was all over the news. But I was in Carbondale all week with little to no evidence of the storm. The interstates were pretty clear...dry and easy. The sides of the road were beautiful though....the sun glistening on the icy branches was gorgeous. I didn't have my camera and a pic out the window probably would have been horrible anyhow.
Thankfully no power outages at our house ... all around us they have no power though. The Lord is good to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment