Friday, April 13, 2012

I Love YOU the MOST

The other night one of the missionaries asked me a question.  It is a question I don't think I have EVER been asked before.  In fact, it is a topic I have long written about.  It is love...and how I can love ALL my children.  After introducing the new missionary to my children, or at least to their pictures, he asked which one I love the most.  I find that a very interesting question.  NONE....none the most, ALL the same but differently.

When I got married I remember feeling like I didn't know I had that much love to give and to feel.  Then I had Jordan and I couldn't believe I had that much more love inside me.  When I was pregnant with Spencer wondering how on earth I would be able to love another child as much as I loved Jordan.  From that moment I realized that love just GROWS!

So when that missionary asked the question the answer I gave was NONE of them.  "Then which one do THEY think you love the most?" was what came next.  I laughed as I figured they all thought I love Cody the most, but how very very wrong.  They all laugh and get onto me because I am constantly whispering to EACH of them that I love them most.  I do...I love each of them so much, so similarly yet differently.

And so it is with wonder and awe and the deepest joy and love that I share this blog post....about Kelsey!

Sadly, I am gone a LOT which means I miss them terribly.  And sadly I think they miss me too - at least Kelsey does.  She called me on Wed night and this is how the conversation went:

K: Mom, I miss you.
M: I miss you too, Sweet Pea.
K: But I really miss you.
M: I know, I really miss you too.  Did you have Activity Days at church tonight?
K: Yes.  I made a Mother's Day gift for you.
M: You did?
K: Yeah, but mine doesn't look as good as everyone else's.
M: Oh I bet yours will be my favorite.
K: Really?
M: Yeah, yours will be the prettiest to me.
K: It will?
M: Yes, it will.
K: Really?
M: Yes!
K:  See...that is why you are my favorite mom.  You ALWAYS make me feel happy.

I think I was more happy at THIS moment than ever before.  But did I love her MORE than any of the others?  No!  This love fore my children is really the most amazing thing....it grows and grows and grows.  And I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Patty O. said...

I love this! So so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet! (Aren't you glad you recorded this one?) :)

Meghan said...

I love, love, love this post! I read it a few days ago. Just a few days prior I was thinking about you and how you would tell your sister you love her 17, 13? I can't remember the number exactly. I think you show your love so well- I've always thought about you.

I remember when Kyler was little and thinking how could I ever love my children more than I love my nephew? And with each child it grew and then when i had my own child- he is the 13th grandchild it grew enormously big. And then with my second It grew even bigger. I love that love grows. :)

Thank you for this post. :)

LynnEl Springer said...

Oh, so very true, we love them all the most and differently, the same and not the same. My daughter didn't know how she could love another baby when she still had her first who was only 14 months old when her second daughter was born. But love grows and it is magical how it all works out. AND that the love you have for a child never dies! Amazing! Heavenly Father knew what he was doing by putting us in little groups called Family!