At church the next day a man who had moved away stood to bear his testimony in Sacrament Meeting . He said that even if he had been half a world away he wouldn't have missed that day. I told my friend's son that same thing...even half a world away I wouldn't have missed his first time at the temple.
I've thought much about that simple endearing statement over the year. It is so applicable in so many instances of my life, it seems.
Such was the case this past week....
I went to school with the expectation of a LONG week at school, but one in which I would get LOADS done. I had my LAST Friday class so Thurs night and Fri morning I was going to be good and get it all done. If I had to be gone, I'd make good use of my time.
Then I got a call Wed night - Kelsey's Spring Music Program was on Thurs night. So much for my plans. But, even though I would spend 4 more hours in the car and MUCH less time studying and writing my papers, I wouldn't miss if for the world...no matter how much time, distance, or money. Even if I were "Half a World Away!" This is ME...and I LOVE living in ME-ville!
The best part of it all? Well, Kelsey's call as I drove home wondering if I was REALLY coming to her concert. Or maybe the fact that I got to see Spencer's practice baseball game...and during one time when they were in to bat he came running up to me and gave me the BIGGEST monkey hug E.V.E.R. - so much so that the coach said he could leave at ANY time, but I declined...saying he just hadn't seen me for awhile!
Yeah, THIS is ME-ville...where I feel most comfortable and where I LOVE to be.
Here are some pics from Kelsey's program. No pic of the game, sorry - next time!
Are you taking a pic of ME?
I started taking pics of just FUNNY things....
Kelsey was talking to this boy (Jordyn Holman ) the whole time :)
This is Reagan Crippen...one of Kelsey's best friends!
And her 3rd grade teacher...Mrs Borries (who happens to live down the street from us)
and here are the art projects of Kelsey's hanging in the hall
What a fun night! Even though I have been to MANY of these, I never really tire of them....so much fun to watch my kids. It was fun to watch Kelsey sway to the beat as she sang! Fun times!
*****************************************
Our Enjoyable Sunday Afternoon
Today was a beautiful day! The weather wasn't hot or cold, but comfortable. I played a fun game of basketball with Jordan...laughing all the way through. After dinner some friends, the Hoopers, came over. My kids adore them...so needeless to say, it was a blast.
I was amazed at Jordan's negotiation skills. He's been wanting to take guitar lessons and I've just been waiting til this summer to get it all arranged. However, he opted to mow the Hooper's lawn in exchange for guitar lessons. Saves me money and I think they will mean more to him since he will be working for them. He's been wanting to earn some money this summer anyhow...this way he gets to learn the guitar too. I'm so proud of him.
Jordan asked me to switch seats so he could play by Bil. I told him I would if he would let me get a picture of him (which may be more rare than the Pinta Island Tortoise). It turned out GREAT, I think. What a handsome boy - and a little side note. I looked at him LAST Sunday and thought, "Did you just grown 2 more inches THIS WEEK while I was gone?" He is growing up fast! Grateful he's such a GREAT kid!)
The trampoline and swing set are always the highlights. Here are some fun pics of the evening...
Cody is such a kind friend....pushing Tommy on the swings...
Best friends...Cody and Charlotte...
the best kind.....jumping out of swings...:)
THIS was hilarious....Patty had brought over cookies and Scott poured himself a glass of milk, that went EVERYWHERE...and now we know why. Can you see the stream of milk coming out the little hole on the side?
the trampoline...where ALL the action happens
Spencer is upside down more than right side up....
no...he didn't actually kick Kelsey in the face (though it LOOKED like he did)
I'm glad these two are such good friends!
Patty decided to see if ALL the kids could get her to bounce. They did!!! She is SUCH a good sport to play on the trampoline with them.
And our prayer and scripture time tonight really touched my heart. During Sacrament meeting Cody showed me a couple stories in the Friend Magazine he wanted to read called Sammy's Scriptures. He even read it ALL by himself. It is so fun to hear him read. I'm just so proud of my children. Then Kelsey read Where is Isabelle? Spencer pipes up that he has shared 3 copies of the Book of Mormon. I knew he had given one to a teacher, but was unaware of the others. A couple weeks ago the missionaries committed our family to share a copy of the Book of Mormon with a friend (or more). Spencer took the challenge, and really went through with it. He told us tonight that he DID, in fact, give a copy to his friend J on the bus. But the other? Well, this is how it went. He had brought the copy of the Book of Mormon to school so he COULD give it to his friend on the bus ride home. His end of school routine is to take EVERYTHING out of his backpack to make sure he has everything he needs. He took the Book of Mormon out and a girl next to him asked him what it was. He shared his testimony with her. He said, "I told her it was true and a really good book and the only thing that stinks about it is that it isn't AR (accelerated reading)." What a great example he continues to be for our family. Tonight in his prayer he was thankful for Cody sharing so readily and that we have good friends LIKE THE HOOPERS to come and play with us! Yep, he's a keeper!

2 comments:
Sounds like a good week to me! Sterling tried giving away a copy of the Book of Mormon to a classmate who returned it the next day saying he wasn't allowed to read it!? Well, I was proud of him for trying!
I am a half a world away! But reading your blog with all the pictures makes me feel like I'm not so far away. Looking forward to spending a few days with Jordan next week. Love you guys.
Post a Comment