Wednesday, June 13, 2012

B.P.O.E.

For the LONGEST time I have wondered what B.P.O.E. stood for.  The LONGEST TIME!

When I was 12 (well, maybe not THAT long ago) I won the hoop shoot contest and was invited to a special regional dinner for all the winners.  It was at the Elks Club in Provo, Utah.  As we drove up I asked my parents what B.P.O.E. stood for.  They had NO IDEA.  So my dad and I started making up funny little things that it could mean.  I am not sure who came up with Best Person On Earth, but it stuck.  Yeah, my healthy (or maybe prideful-hehehe) self esteem started at a young age!  I was seriously the Best Person On Earth (at least to them).

On my walk this morning I again saw a sticker for the local Elks club with B.P.O.E. on it.  This time I came home and googled it.

I'll have you know that the Elks club acronym means Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks.

Interesting!

But I still like mine better - hehehe

No comments: