But I do spend time thinking of the past year, both personally and as a family. I love to reminisce about the adventures and milestones. Take for instance Spencer's Personal Best for his 5K!!! He had been working at that for a LONG LONG time! Nothing could compare to that smile on his face! Nor could hearing about it take the place of BEING there, screaming/cheering him into the finish line, KNOWING he was breaking his own personal record. THAT was a milestone! THAT was a moment I'm glad I didn't miss!!
At the BEGINNING of 2017, Elder Neil L. Anderson came to North Little Rock. Looking back, it was probably to ask President Wakolo (the mission president) to be a seventy. But he spoke to the youth. It was a great evening with him. Even Cody came (ALMOST 12). Watching them get their pics with him was another priceless moment I am grateful I did not miss. Poor Spencer didn't get a photo...not sure why. Elder Anderson was leaving, so Spencer only got to shake his hand as he walked out.
For me personally, I began collaborating with Anna CohenMiller. We did a study on Motherscholars and well-being/me-time/coloring, co-presented it in May, just submitted one of the two articles (second is ALMOST done and submitted), and will finally meet face to face in a couple weeks as we present at a conference in Florida! She has become a friend and I enjoy collaborating with her!
This year Cody and I went to Disney World. Aunt Krista always took my kids somewhere when they were 8 yrs old. For some reason, Cody never got to go. So when I had a conference in Orlando, I brought him along. Krista met us and we all did Disney! It was perfectly timed right at his 12th birthday! We had a GREAT time! Yes, I wouldn't miss these special times with my kids for ANYTHING! I am soooo grateful I can be present for these times. I wouldn't miss our dabbing at the PERFECT time for the log ride, or his Stitch fetish, or the fun pics. We had a great time!
And who can forget Scott being named the COACH of the YEAR for our region??? I'm SOOOO proud of him. Finally he is recognized publicly for the GREAT coach that he is!Congrats to my wonderful husband!!!
The trip to Utah, the multitude of sporting events, the crazy times one on one, the quiet times, the times laying in bed just chatting with each other, THESE are the times that make up life! THESE are the times I LOVE being a part of and wouldn't want to miss...EVER! This is life....the good, the bad, and the ugly! It is life....the hard times sprinkled with priceless snippets of a moment that will be the memories I hold onto. Yes, life is usually what is happening at the moment....while we are waiting for other moments, preparing for and modifying and improving and failing and just living!
The trip to Utah, the multitude of sporting events, the crazy times one on one, the quiet times, the times laying in bed just chatting with each other, THESE are the times that make up life! THESE are the times I LOVE being a part of and wouldn't want to miss...EVER! This is life....the good, the bad, and the ugly! It is life....the hard times sprinkled with priceless snippets of a moment that will be the memories I hold onto. Yes, life is usually what is happening at the moment....while we are waiting for other moments, preparing for and modifying and improving and failing and just living!
And these are just a FEW of the highlights....many more I could add, but won't.
I am grateful I have such a wonderful family to share life with. We are nowhere near perfect, but we are together and we are trying!
I am grateful I have such a wonderful family to share life with. We are nowhere near perfect, but we are together and we are trying!
Here's to a New year -- full of more memories that bind us together stronger, that serve as reminders of love and the need to improve and progress! This year, as with every year, I want to live with INTENTION and be PRESENT in every moment. I want to REMEMBER - remember my heritage, my goodness and where it comes from. I want to always be caught remembering the GOOD - however small it may seem at times!











1 comment:
Fun Times! Fun Family! Love you all.
Post a Comment