Anyhow, Christmas has definitely been in the air around our house. NO snow, but freezing rain -- does that count? Hmmmm....not quite as pretty and nostalgic, but...wintery, I guess. More so we have taken the kids shopping for each other. THAT was probably one of the most wonderful events of my week. To see them actuallyTHINK about what the other would like was priceless. I am glad I was there and didn't blink before the moment ended. I spent time this morning wrapping presents with them. Spencer and Kelsey loved taping, Cody didnt' care for taping as much as writing the names, and Jordan did most of it himself this year. I love to see THEIR handwriting on the gifts they give. I love to see them excited about giving instead of always receiving. Needless to say, it has been fun.
We have also been to a Christmas Open House for Kelsey's class where we saw a video of her class performing Christmas songs, saw the fun Gingerbread house and tree she made, brought home a gift and saw how they have decorated their room for the holiday. I know it is fun and exciting to show off your room, so we had a good time.
Off to Cody's school for his Christmas Program. Priceless! This was the freezing rain day, but inside it was heartwarming! His huge smile throughout the entire program melted my heart. Because he is the youngest he is also the shortest, which means...you got it, front row! PERFECT for parents! I got a clear shot for pictures and a few little videos. He knew most every word and I was so proud of him. Of course, he has been singing them around the house all week so I knew the songs. Seeing him up there singing with his class was so much parental fun. I am glad Scott got to come with me. Here is a clip.Jordan has been playing the clarinet this year in school. He's got a good ear for the music thing. I love that. Recently he has been practicing Christmas songs. He even wants to take his clarinet on our Christmas vacation to play for Scott's parents. Maybe he and Papa can play together. He's really excited about that. Here is a song he performed for me one afternoon.
Each year at Christmastime the 2nd graders have a Pajama Day. They get to have hot chocolate and have Christmas books read to them. I volunteered to come and read our family's favorite Christmas book to his class.....The Chrismtas Lizard by Cory Edwards. I dressed up and actually got to go to school in my pajamas. It reminded me of High School when I would come upstairs ready for school in my pj's and my mom would ask, "Are you going to school dressed like THAT?" Thankfully, it was my senior year -- total play year -- and I had aerobics first hour. I could sleep in til the very last second and just head to school. Anyhow, I went to Spencer's school in my pj's and read Christmas books to his class. It was a lot of fun as I love reading Christmas stories and I love seeing my kids happy.
1 comment:
Those were GREAT clips! I loved hearing Cody singing with his class and how cool is that, that you got to go to school in YOUR PJ's (wait, do you have pj's?)!! and read YOUR favorite Christmas book!! You are awesome, Denise! What a fun mom you are! Good job to Jordan too! I loved my clarinet also, and started in 5th grade! Don't ask me to play it now, although I still have it - but my ombiture (sp?) is kaputt!
Post a Comment