It never ends at our house. Needless to say, the BRUISER status in our house will NEVER DIE!!!!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
BRUISER
Cody has become my new bruised up boy! Spencer has had the medal around his neck for a very long time -- with episodes such as running across the backyard barefoot only to enter the house screaming bloody (literally) murder. I found him not only by the sound of wailing, but from the perfectly spaced spots of blood. Come to find out...he did a pretty good number on slicing his foot open and landing him in the doctor's office with 5 stitches. That didn't slow him down though...shortly after the stitches came out we were raking leaves and burning them in the backyard. He is a pyromaniac so he thinks his duty is the fire. Despite my urging him away from it, he stays. His favorite thing to do is put his rake in the fire and pick up a load of burning leaves. He raises it in the air as a torch. Fun for him!!! The only problem this time was that there was a prong out of place on his rake. He decided to fix it with bare hands. "OOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!" I hear. Then, "Mom, did you know that hot metal burns?" He now sports a nice little scar on his hand. And these are only the most recent episodes.
But Cody has taken the cake these last couple weeks. You can't really tell with this messy face picture ... but... Last week (or so) I was peeling potatoes for dinner. EVERYONE wants to help. Kelsey's cute little, "Now you've done 2 and I haven't finished one. Now you've done 5 and I haven't finished one" seemed to quell the storm of the mess being made by them....thankfully. When the potatoes were peeled, cut up and put in the pot to boil, I put all the peelers in the sink and went downstairs to finish some laundry. It wasn't but a couple minutes when I hear Cody screaming at the top of the stairs that he is bleeding. GREAT!!!! I run up to find a small cut on his thumb and no blood. I'm sure it hurt so, to appease his asking, I put a band aid on it. Band aids ALWAYS make it feel better -- along with a hug and kiss from mom. He carried that thumb around for quite awhile. Then he got a tiny scrape on his foot --- needed a band aid, of course. The funny part was that BOTH were on his left side. I had to chuckle one morning when he got out of the van to go into school hobbling on his left foot, holding his left thumb. Then....the story doesn't end there....the other morning I noticed as I took him to school late that he had a small cut on his eyelid (yes, his LEFT eyelid). A little blood, but not much. I have NO IDEA how that happened. Before it could turn into a black eye (meaning THAT NIGHT) he was standing on his dad's foot by the computer and fell off...only to hit is lip pretty hard. I heard a hard hit and, once again, wailing (I think I hear this sound in my sleep). Scott's, "DEENNNIIIISSSSEEEE!!!!" got me moving pretty quickly. Poor Bruiser Cody....his lip is all fat and bloodied. So...his left side is prone to accidents. Of course, this only pales in comparison to the screaming that came when he burned his little belly on the griddle trying to get the peanut butter on the back side.

It never ends at our house. Needless to say, the BRUISER status in our house will NEVER DIE!!!!
It never ends at our house. Needless to say, the BRUISER status in our house will NEVER DIE!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes, poor Cody. Thank goodness little kids heal fast!
Sounds like there's never a dull moment at the Demers' house!!! :)
Post a Comment