Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Family Bed

AHHH...Saturday mornings where everyone ends up in MY bed. It is something I really enjoy -- snuggling with the kids in the mornings. Scott is not so hip on the idea, but endures quietly MOST of the time. They don't all come in at once, but rather filter in one at a time as they wake up. It gives me a bit of time with each individually and still we get THEM ALL eventually. Of course, I would be lying if I said this ecstasy lasted indefinitely. We still remain a family and my children still hold onto sibling rivalry a bit too much. Before long it becomes a war as to who gets to who gets to be by me or Daddy....not fun. So then we end that fun time and go on to the rest of the day. But I love the time in the bed in the mornings.

I have a friend whose parents let THEM (the 4 girls) sleep in THEIR (the parent's) bed on Christmas Eve. In the morning their parents come and get them and they have time in the bed in the morning. I know another family that read scriptures in the parent's bed every morning.

So I am gathering in my mind that this family bed idea isn't just the "sleeping" together thing. I like the idea and wonder if more family bonding and togetherness isn't done by more families around the world in the "Family Bed."

No comments: