Wouldn't it be super nice if this were actually true? I do remember, though, thinking my mom had it all...she could do EVERYTHING when I was growing up. Even today I wonder why I am the mom....MY mom could do so much better than me. I am not old enough to be the mom....or so I think inside my own little brain at times.
But....
I AM the mom and today Jordan told me that mom's have special powers. I have long told my children that mom's have extra special hearing devices and eyes in the back of our heads to see and hear ALL things. I like that little blessing, really. But I really do wish I had special powers. His statement came because he wanted ME to grate the cheese for his burrito since I NEVER make the 'dirty hand' marks on it that I detest! In trying to stifle his strategy to get ME to do the work he came out with his statement of moms having special powers....not getting 'dirty hand' marks on the cheese. I didn't grate the cheese for him.
I think I'll hold him to the original statement....moms have special powers.
But really....I wish I had the power to not get sick when I have a lot of things to do. I wish I had the power to do a lot of things I simply cannot do. But for now, I will simply be grateful that he recognized that mothers are special.
2 comments:
Yep, moms are special. Still, since becoming a mom, I have often wished for elastic limbs. You know, so while changing a filthy diaper you could reach across the room for the wipes or into the living room to separate the fighting siblings....Or reach into the very back of the van while on the highway to pick up the toy Charlotte dropped and is crying over. That sort of thing.
Hey, I do know everything!
Post a Comment