Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baseball, Band Concerts, and Piano Recitals OH MY!

We'll start this past week off with Spencer's first baseball game. He was sooooo excited AND so nervous. One dead give away that this was true was the time he woke up Wednesday. I walk in the EARLY morning with a friend and he was in the driveway when I got home at 6:25. "How long have you been up?" I asked him. The answer ... "3:15!!!" Yikes....I hoped he wouldn't be dead tired by the time the game got here.
They played one of the BEST teams in the league and lost pretty bad. But I was excited to watch Spencer. His excitement for the game was contagious. He struck out and then got hit by a ball. I was worried that he would cry and not want to bat anymore or even play (but really I knew different because THIS was SPENCER). He shook it off and got right back in the box to bat. Apparently he hadn't known that you get to take a base when you are hit with the ball at bat.
After the game he told me that his coach had taught him that if the ball even grazes you to act like it hurt really bad so they KNEW it hit you. He laughed and said that is what he indeed had done. However, I am not so sure since he didn't even know to take the base. But it was worth a good laugh.
Here are the pics:
That was Wednesday. Now let's go for Thursday....Jordan's band concert. By this time in the week I was rushing around for some reason and totally spaced bringing my camera. Darn! Let's just say...he did great and though it was LONG...it was good. I'm proud of my children for pursuing extracurricular activities...even when I have to prod them into doing it. Music is something I never pursued, sadly. I don't know why...maybe I was just too into sports or something. At any rate, he did well and it is fun to watch him perform.

Friday night was ours...pizza and a movie. I have grown to love our pizza and a movie night. Cody is old enough now to watch most of the movie with us. This week we watched "Race to Witch Mountain." We've seen it before, but my kids are into the watching movies over and over and over again.

Saturday was Jordan and Kelsey's Piano Recital. They both did extremely well. Kelsey played one piece and Jordan played two. Here are the videos.





2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh why do we live so far apart!!! I would love to see these things in person. Love you guys.

Patty O. said...

Great pictures! Your kids are so cute!