Saturday, May 1, 2010

Remember Me This Way


This is a LONG video...like 2 minutes, I think....but I just HAD to video the entire song of Spencer's semi solo debut as a singer. The 3rd graders at Central had a Spring Musical Program and Spencer was chosen to sing at a microphone. Originally he said he was singing with just one other boy in his class, but it turns out he sang with a couple girls too. I was SO proud of him. I can hear him throughout, even with all the background voices, but YOU will probably hear him best with the Bruce Springsteen strained type voice at the end of the song after the girls sing alone. He's not super straining, but that's how you all may recognize SPENCER'S part in this.

He was sooo nervous. In fact, at dinner he commented that he must be a nervous eater because he just kept on eating. I could tell he was nervous...but he did SUCH a good job and I was pleased as punch!

Lately whatever activity he has undertaken has come with not only a lot of enthusiasm, but also a lot of hard work and practice on his part. That impresses me. He totally practiced football when he played. Same with basketball. And now baseball. Intertwined is this singing ordeal....he came home months ago practicing so he could try out for a part. He was so excited to have gotten the part and sang the song so much everyone was sick of it...except proud mama, of course. And then there's the Arbor Day Run. I woke him up a few mornings this past couple weeks and he was mad that I let him sleep in (til 6:45 for goodness sake). "I gotta run in the mornings, mom, to practice for the Arbor Day Run." And truthfully, some days he'd get up on his own and I couldn't find him....only to find him walking in the door panting after running around the block.

His determination is impressive! He will go far in life. Here are a couple pics from the program.With his best friend, Emmanuel (E-Man)His solo

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Great program Spencer. Everyone sounded amazing. Wish I could have been there too. Love you.