Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Year of Good Luck


Let's see...could this REALLY be the "Year of Good Luck?"

I guess I should begin by asking if ANYONE has EVER found a four leafed clover???? I sure haven't...

until this year.

In fact, I have searched and searched on lazy afternoons when I was young, only to find a million and two 3 leafed ones that I hoped were 4 leafed. I truly believed it was all a hoax to get me searching for something that really didn't exist...except in the folklore of St. Patrick's Day festivities.

Until this spring!

Spencer had mentioned in passing that he had found one. I suppose I should have jumped for joy with him, but you see, I still didn't REALLY believe they existed. So instead the information went in one ear and out the other.

Until I was cleaning up the other day.

I was dusting and found a jar with water in it with some plants. Spencer picks a lot of things and puts them in water hoping they will grow. I walked it to the kitchen to dump it out and caught a glimpse of my VERY FIRST 4 leafed clover! Something jumped inside of me and I just couldn't throw it down the drain. So it still sits on our kitchen counter...a reminder of the truth of a lot of things and the hope of things to come.

Maybe just our "Year of Good Luck."

Since that time I have even found one myself. And I have also since repented and have shared in the shear joy of finding them with my children. This year our clover (which I usually detest in my yard and want to spray to get rid of) are unusually huge. Finding ANY odd clover in a billion tiny clover is difficult. But this year they are big big big and we are finding many. As I look at them daily I notice how water logged they are getting. They surely will not grow like this. But I just can't shatter the hopes of my children (or myself) because each time I look at them I think that just maybe luck will fall our way.

And all this gets me thinking about the non-coincidence of life. Nothing happens on accident, really. Everything is for a purpose.

Good luck....in EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I've only found a few in my 29 years! Good thing we don't need them to have great luck. Love you.

Denise said...

I don't believe in luck. Everything happens for a reason no matter how absurd it may be...

I invite you to visit my site at
www.zazzle.com/denisewy*