Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Galena

Today has been a lot of fun. Even before we went anywhere the children just HAD to go swimming. If I remember my childhood correctly, swimming really is all that is needed to make a good vacation. So....we swam. We swam before we went into Galena to do a little shopping around as well as after. So....the swim pics are the pics of the day.
Our conversation into town just cracked me up. These kids of mine have a tendency to do that if I will just listen to their conversations. Because Cody is the youngest, he still says some pretty hilarious things. Take for instance today...while driving in Scott and I were discussing how we had come to Galena before while I was pregnant with Cody. I mentioned having to huff and puff as we walked up a hill and that set them to laughing. Cody set us on continual laughter when he said, "I saw mama's food." (speaking of him being in my tummy) He has said a lot of funny things today. I've tried to remember them....fat chance. I'll have to write them down from now on.

First off we saw the home of President Ulysses S. Grant, as well as the gardens of his wife, Julia Dent Grant. Though we didn't go in the kids had a good time checking around.


Main Street in Galena is just a bunch of shops. It really is pretty cool. Because Scott and I had been here about 5 years ago and I took a bunch of pics then, I didn't take photos of the street. Maybe I can snag some of Scott's.

We visited some fabulous places. Two of the most noteworthy were "Images of Nature," the photography of Mr Mangleson, and a place called Poopsies. The kids loved the items that were in the latter.

We ended the day watching Giligan's Island and dad tying up Spencer in a straight jacket and he played Houdini and and got out. Pics of the Houdini part will come later.

3 comments:

Nicky and Patrick said...

Sounds like so much fun. I am jealous cause I love fun trips:) Can't wait to see what other adventures you guys have.

Lynda said...

Oh what a lot of fun. I think I'm jealous too but I know it is probably muggy and I don't like that!

Tami said...

Maybe it is a Sproul thing, but no vacation was a "real" vacation without a pool. Love the pics, looks like tons of fun!