Spencer is my ARTIST! He LOVES all things art...and I like that. In the summer the boy who rarely sits still (unless completely asleep -- and then I am NOT convinced he is still) sat for a full 2 hours watching a man throw a few pots on a pottery wheel. He was hooked, to say the least. Needless to say, we have been putting him in classes with this guy. He and his wife are local potters and offer classes for kids. Spencer LOVES it and dreams up all these creatures he's going to make "next class." On the 10th he went to his latest class...with an underwater theme. The teacher had been talking to me and I told him how Spencer had come to me early one morning with the ideas all in place to make a turtle. So...they did an underwater theme. Spencer went all out and made LOTS of underwater creations. I went just a bit early to pick him up and got to watch him. It is a very interesting adventure to see yourself in your children.
Here are a couple pictures....my son on a mission to become the world's greatest potter (or at least a creative genius, or something).

3 comments:
Those are so cool! You have a little artist.
What a great talent! Good for him!
I am so happy you found this class. Spencer tells me about it all the time and his cute face just lights up when he talks about it. You can just see how happy it makes him to create things. He really has a gift, too, I think, after seeing what he has made!! So cool to find something that your kid loves so much. It must be exciting to discover his gifts!
Post a Comment