Saturday, January 31, 2009

CREATIVITY

Spencer's hobby is ART. I have written that before. He'll sit down and just draw...and I LOVE it. Lately he has been drawing BIG things....weird animals he creates from the recesses of his mind. He draws them on multiple sheets of paper....it's fun to see them come to life. He is so proud of them...how could I NOT be a proud mama?!?! Here are his latest today.





Then, of course, there is ME! I enjoy being creative too. Most recently my creative juices are in the form of wood projects....building something (like right now I am itching to refinish my table...add a table top and make it what I want it to be, or build my linen closet for my bathroom, or the bunkbeds for the boys' room...you get the picture). I laugh a bit to post this picture as I felt like "one of these things is not like the other" at our most recent Enrichment Meeting -- CROCHETING a scarf! YIKES! But....I did it! Friends laughed and began to say I'd developed a new "talent," even going so far as to say it was my new "hobby" when I find myself bored. Somehow I don't think I'll find myself bored soon, and if I do....I don't think crocheting will be my activity of choice....although I have to admit I have been thinking today that I MAY have to pick it back up and actually FINISH before one of my children graduates from High School. As far as YOU are all concerned....this picture stays here....and crocheting is NOT my new hobby...though it was sort of fun for the evening. At least I can say I DID crochet something. On my mission I knitted an inch square (it is in my journal to prove it). So now I have done both crocheting AND knitting.....enough for me!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I have the pattern from what you were doing at enrichment Please?