Wasn't there a TV show way back when with this title? I don't know...or remember...but my kids are cracking me up. I wish I had a book with a record of all the witty things they have said. Jordan started and Cody is finishing it up...with, of course, Spencer and Kelsey going full force in between. Here are just a few of the latest ones:
Kelsey: Mom, do you like the color pink?
Mom: Not really
Kelsey: Why?
Mom: I don't know...I just don't
a few minutes later
Kelsey: Mom, do you like the color pink? (This is obviously an important topic since she asks me multiple times per week AND per day)
Mom: Not so much, (I'll change my approach) why?
Kelsey: Why?
Mom: (I want to say "I asked you first!" but I don't) I don't know...I just don't
Kelsey: Why?
Mom: Well....it's not my favorite color
Kelsey: Why?
Mom: BECAUSE I don't
a few minutes later
Kelsey: Mom, do you like the color pink?
Mom: (smartened up) Sure!
Kelsey: Me too! See ya!
Cody: (after digging in his nose for far too long---little snippets throughout the day---it begins to run. I happen to be with him just at this moment. He gets a big grin and says....) "booger juice!"
I could NOT quit laughing at that one. It even beat Jordan's witty comment when he was 2. He would wake up and get in bed with me. We'd lay there snuggling and talk for a bit before getting up and getting breakfast (ahhhh...those were the days!!!) One morning he said, "Mom, you're CRAZY!!!!!" with a cute little grin on his face, to which I replied, "No, you're crazy!" thinking it would go back and forth. It didn't. Instead his response was, "No, I'm silly and YOU are CRAZY!!!!"
Jordan seems to get me a lot...or used to. When we first moved to Illinois I asked him to help me pick up sticks in the backyard. He must have been only 4 ish and didn't want to help --- surprise, surprise! I offered him a penny for each stick (which could have added up quickly), but he refused. I offered a nickel, then a dime....with the same refusal. By this time it was a joke to me...I offered a quarter seeing what he would say. His response set me laughing and at least I had a chuckle as I picked up sticks. He said, "Nah, you pick up the sticks and pay yourself a quarter each stick. YOU need the money more than I do!"
And I hate to say it, but at THIS moment I can't think of any for Spencer off the top of my head. NOT that he doesn't throw out his share of comic relief around here...but I can't think of them right now. I'll add them later when I remember.
I'm sure I could go on and on...as could you...about what funny things my kids say. I need to write them down and remember them for later when I need a good laugh.
3 comments:
OK, you just made me laugh out loud. I love that Jordan, at 4, told you that you needed the money more than he did. That is so Jordan, and it cracks me up that he was even like that at 4. I loved the booger juice comment, too. That is funny!!
Lately when I change Charlotte's diaper, she says, "Well done, mommy!" Makes me laugh every time.
Did Scott tell you how I made Kelsey cry in Primary yesterday? I noticed she was crying and asked her why and she said, "I want my daddy to get one of the answers right!!!!" We had to explain to her that it was a game and her dad was purposely answering the questions wrong. I felt so bad for her. But, it was a great segue into the whole point of the activity, which Scott summed up perfectly!
booger juice! so silly! I love kidisms! Jordan's was hilarious, where do these little people get such ideas? :)
I'm sure you can imagine I've heard my fair share serving in the Primary - my favorite was during a lesson on people we can write letters to to let them know we love them. One kid raised his hand and declared in a booming voice, "I CAN WRITE A LETTER TO MY CONGRESSMAN!" Laughs galore!
Haha, those are awesome. Thanks for sharing! I had almost the exact same "you're crazy; no I'm silly, you're crazy" conversation with Clella last week. :-)
I just finished reading through the blog so far. Your kids are so grown up!
Post a Comment