Friday, January 2, 2009

NASCAR MANIA

The remainder of our trip to East Tennessee was eventful. The kids only wanted to do 3 things for Christmas -- the Water Park, Go-Cart racing, and shopping with their Christmas money. Friday brought the remaining 2 --- Go-Cart racing and shopping. Thankfully, both were right next to one another.

The Nascar racing park was a blast. Even Cody got his own Go-Cart (which he much preferred over riding WITH someone where he couldn't BE the driver---even with the worker guy helping out he WAS driving, sort of). Kelsey loved driving by herself and so did Spencer. But they LOVED riding with Uncle Chris...the wild man! THANKS to Chris all around, for the discount arm bands and the crazy riding fun for my kids!!!



Of course, I think Cody liked this truck best since he could turn the steering wheel every which way and it would never run into anything but just went around and around perfectly.

Besides go carting they also had these rides. This video of Cody, Spencer, and Kelsey was a highlight for me. Hearing my kids laugh is priceless. I thought Cody would freak out...which he contemplated until he noticed Spencer laughing and having a great time.



Now off to shopping. It was WAY too late, considering the fact the I am the one who had to drive the 4 hours home AFTERWARDS. But it was fun to hit the KB Toys outlet and get everything 50% - 75% off. The kids went wild and got more toys than they got the entire Christmas. But....I will still be grateful always for the DVD players each one of them received. They proved priceless on the trip home....no fighting, just mesmerized viewing, and no craziness as I drove through the night talking with Nana!!!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Wow, that looks like fun!