Scott and I had a moment of actual two way uninterrupted conversation on the couch this afternoon after church. Mind you, it wasn't long...but we get what we can take. The abrupt end came when we heard Spencer running throughout the house calling for me....all the while I sat in the front room returning his calls. It wasn't long before Spencer and Kelsey came in wanting Ding Dongs. Because Jordan and Cody (my Ding Dong hound....heck, my "All things Sweet" hound for that matter) were down the street at the church playing in the mounds of snow, I let them have one. You may ask why I made sure Cody was gone? Well, he would eat ALL of them and I've kept them hidden and high enough that they are just a bit out of sight and out of mind....we've had them for 4 days now!!! Anyway, I digress!
I told them they could have one as long as they made the mess in the kitchen or dining room. Scott's conditions were a bit more joking and jovial. "You can have one as long as every other bite you give to me!" Spencer's response set me laughing so hard I couldn't tell Scott until I calmed down enough to breath and talk. He pulled Kelsey aside and whispered in her ear, "Hurry, let's eat it all in one bite!" I died laughing.....smart kid.
2 comments:
You have VERY SMART children! Ding Dongs - haven't had one of those for a vERy long time!!!
He IS smart. The funny thing is at church he specifically pulled me aside to tell me you guys had ding dongs. He was way excited!
Post a Comment