Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PROUD Mama including the pics

So.....the excitement and feeling of being so very pleased and proud of Spencer hasn't worn off! Going to his school to pick up his pottery and take more pictures was just as fulfilling for me...well, maybe not that first excited jolt inside type, but still proud as I could be. He, on the other hand, wasn't quite as huge-ish with his smile. He did, however, have to take it to show his art teacher...who raved about his creativity. Teachers like that are great!

Anyway....without further adieu.....here are the pictures.

Here it is....with the First Place Ribbon!!!!!!


And here is a side view close up....aren't the colors gorgeous? What can I say? I'm very biased!




And what would we all be like without our parents to cheer us on, teachers to help and support us? Here I get to be with Spencer showing him off, showing his pottery off!



And I'm very grateful to Mrs. Fatheree for being just the right type of teacher for Spencer. She adores him and pushes him to greater heights. She is perfect for him! I thank God for great teachers.



Right now Spencer has a student teacher....only this "student teacher" is a mom with kids and loves them all. She has also been smitten by Spencer's personality, generosity, and artistic nature. She tells me that HIS artwork shares space with her own children's artwork on her refrigerator!!!! Yes, I thank God for 'these' type of teachers!


Addendum: In the mail today was Spencer's "winnings." He received $5 for winning 1st place. I also read that he didn't just get 1st place for all of the 2nd grade...but for the entire Pre-School through 4th grade. What an accomplishment!!! Way to go Spencer!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

That is so cool! I like that little handle! SO does the masterpiece have a name?

Anonymous said...

Love it all!
Love, Nana

Patty O. said...

This is so awesome! I am excited that he has not only found something he loves to do, but something he is really, really good at. It must make him (and you and Scott) really excited. Way to go, Spencer!

Anonymous said...

I will save this safely for the proud Mama.
I will enjoy it until you get it.
What a special little boy to give it up for me to enjoy. But you know it is yours..
I will take good care of it.
Love you so very much.