Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Change in the Weather!

Hot Diggity!!! Boy, wasn't today one of the most beautiful days of the year (so far)!!! I wish I had a camera to record all the fun things the kids have been doing outside. It being 60+ degrees, the snow has pretty much melted....which means huge puddles and soggy, muddy ground are left behind. Though they are my worst nightmare....lots of cleaning up, I'd really have to side with the kids on how fun it is. They have been outside MOST of today. Cody has been in 3 outfits...each one getting wet so he'd change on his indoor time. Now he is in the tub....he ran through the lake of a puddle out front and face planted. I would have LOVED to have THAT on video...his face was priceless. They have been "skiing" on the sleds out on the water...and pretty much just exploring. We are MORE than glad to be out of the house. I have EVERY window open....yipppeeee!!!!

And even Scott and I got some things done...which is a triple yippee! The weather has been so very frigid lately that I haven't really wanted to clean out my van AT ALL! It was WAY past the time. So....it was pretty much an all day project...but it is DONE...so I am happy. With the seats out I headed to Menard's to get a peice of wood. I am making a table top for our kitchen table. Nothing fancy...just without grooves that catch EVERY bit of gross left over food, without a sagging middle, and relatively inexpensive. I'll put some elbow greese into it...stain and polyurethane, but like I said...nothing fancy, just new to us! My goal is to also make a bench or two to go on the sides.

Well, that's the day....all is well! This has been a warm and productive day....the kind I like!

No comments: