What a day that was! I laughed then and still laugh that really almost everything went wrong....from waiting much longer than needed, to almost getting into a session without my fiance, to being told I couldn't sit on the front row because it was for the brides, etc....and ended with a photographer friend telling me our 'original' photographer was away with his ailing father so he was filling in. No worries! By that time of the day it came as no surprise that the ONLY day the Temple was open over the holidays is the exact day they chose to shake the trees of the nuts. I laughed out loud as the photographer manipulated his shots to make sure the machinery wasn't in the photos.
About the only thing that did go right was being married to the right man in the right place for time and all eternity by the proper authority. That is REALLY all that mattered to me that day. And so I smiled....a down deep smile, a giddy smile, an "I can't believe I am married" smile.
And now....fourteen years later I really can't believe it has been that long. Time flies! I remember going to church the first couple weeks and meeting couples married for 10 years. Wow! I asked how they made it that far. They smiled, chuckled, and said it didn't seem like that long. I couldn't understand. Now I do.....I am now the one asked how to make it "that long."
My recipe? I don't know. Commitment, I suppose. I don't think we are the best communicators around. Nor do I think we think ANYTHING alike. But we are committed to each other, to our children, to the Lord, and to making this marriage last throughout the eternities. I am sure I could name a gazillion little things I believe are important...but really commitment is what it comes down to for me. It is easier for me to continue in love when I know BOTH of us are committed come thick or thin.
And so....here we are....with 4 great children and 14 years under our belts. It is a drop in the bucket, really. My smile is different now. More enduring and understanding, I think. I really don't know how to explain it. But enjoy the 'then' and 'now' photos.
THEN:
NOW:




3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Time sure does fly, doesn't it? I loved reading your thoughts.
Love you! Happy Anniversary...yesterday:)
Wow I'm late on this but happy anniversary! Love the wedding pic - what a beautiful bride!
Post a Comment