Sunday, December 20, 2009

One week later....

It seems as though this season is going fast...as usual. The ENTIRE year has flown by, really. I still need to get a Christmas Card going....and on and on and on.

Jordan had his Christmas Concert. I was SOOO tired so Scott and I did the divide and conquer thing. It is usually me who goes and Scott who stays home so we traded this time. I was pleased...I was in bed by 8:15 and dead to the world at 8:45 when he got home. I needed the sleep, I guess.


Once again I went to Southside and read our favorite Christmas story, The Christmas Lizard , to Kelsey's class. I love that book and love being with them at Christmas time.

This year we have gotten into Mr. Finnegan's Giving Chest, by Dan Farr. It has a CD to the story also. Dick VanDyke reads the story and does a great job. I do enjoy reading Christmas stories to the children at nights. This week has been so busy that even just reading more than the scriptures has been difficult.

And as for me....just trying to get those last minute Christmas gifts bought, etc. I'm making a huge blanket for Jordan. It involves sewing (which is almost an anti-gift for me) so it has been difficult. I have almost hired it out so many times, but then decided that it will mean more if I persevere. Who it will mean more to, I'm not sure....hopefully BOTH of us. I'll show pics later...when it is really done. Thankfully the pic won't show any of the mistakes.

I'll also be getting our family pics soon too...yeah, I'll post when I get them.

And so...here we go into Christmas break. I'll be glad to sleep in tomorrow...hope the kids cooperate on that desire! I want to make this a relaxing week full of fun and Christmas Spirit. Scott will be home so we can do more as a family...yeah!

No comments: