Sunday, December 6, 2009

Up to date...almost

How do I put it all into words?

It seems I have let myself get pretty busy and not documented my recent happenings adequately. What is new? So....I will mostly just show pics with a little commentary too.

Because Jordan was turning 12 a lot of family came for the weekend of Nov 22. My parents came a bit early and we had Christmas with us. We all had a great time! I think our favorite gift was the aprons mom made for each of us. Of course, the bags she MADE for each of the children was right up there too. She put a lot of work into our gifts this year...it made it all great! It was fun to spend time with them. The kids had a great time and loved showing off their creations and stories and ability to read......a captive audience is always a plus. And a captive audience that loves you is even better.












Going back to November 22 --- Jordan turns 12.

Honestly, I can't believe he is 12....PERIOD! I look at him and see that he is changing into a young man not a boy. His shoe size is bigger than mine. His hands are bigger than mine. He is almost taller than me. Hold on, Denise, the roller coaster is going to get faster from here on out I hear! Walking by the bathroom in the morning after he has showered lets me know he is VERY concerned with how he smells. I took him to Walmart the other night to pick up a few things....we had to spend a lot of time on the cologne isle. THAT is what he wants for Christmas! Funny boy. He got an mp3 player for his birthday....now he is constantly attached to headphones. Boy oh boy oh boy!

It was nice to have so many people here for his birthday. Here are some pics....

He got the mp3 player he wanted

I did document our Thanksgiving in Tennessee....what a great time! I love being with family!

And now....Up goes the Christmas Tree. I LOVE putting up the Christmas tree. I love most things about Christmas. I love reading stories to my children at night that show the Christmas Spirit...love, service, cheer, giving, etc. I love the decorations, the songs, everything. This year I did even better than last year at letting the children be in charge of the tree. Despite Jordan saying that our tree always looks just 'thrown together' I let them do it all. In fact, I had a bit of a revelation as I sat on the couch totally relaxed taking pictures. It is really me that starts some of the fights. If I just let go of ANY control over the situation of where ornaments go or whatever not much fighting ensued! LOVE it! Sure, the tree looks 'put together,' but it was put up in love and fun! THAT is what I love about Christmas. They helped each other. They enjoyed themselves. Even Scott got involved. And now our tree is up. The village is up, the outside decorations are mostly up. It is good.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I couldn't get there. Love you all, Mom