Monday, July 12, 2010

Cuddly Sweetness

This past Friday the kids and I flew to Utah to visit my mom....oh, and my new little niece, Ellie! Oh boy...isn't she just a bundle of soft cuddly sweeness. I just couldn't get enough....I even gloried in changing her messy diapers. The kids all enjoyed her too. Cody is the only one who didn't really want to hold her....but he did come up and kiss her a few times.


The kids also enjoy playing at Grandma's house. Spencer cracks me up when he dresses up...the frilly things are for Kelsey but he thinks that since she can play with his toys he ought to be able to play with hers. Most of her dolls and things he doesn't care for...but dressing up and acting funny is his thing.At Grandma's house they love to play in the Living Room with the open staircase to the upstairs. It is just what they love to do.
Our plane ride here was fabulous! We sat on the last two rows in the plane and the kids pretty much just watched movies, read books, and ate snacks. I brought enough snacks to make us all sick, but I have learned over the years that it helps ME with the kids. Of course, they are older now and can pretty much manage themselves. Jordan sat by Cody on the last row. A very nice lady sat by them. Jordan talked to her for the last 30-45 minutes of the flight. It made me so proud when she said to me that they were perfect on the flight.
Here is a picture Spencer took. He was by the window and was pretty enthralled with being ABOVE the clouds. (not that he hasn't flown before...but that is just Spencer--excited about everything every time.
And now Nicky, Patrick, and cuddly sweet Ellie have left. I miss her already. But we have the rest of the week to play and have fun here in Utah. This morning I went for a walk with NO humidity - I wasn't dripping with sweat even after hoofing it pretty fast for awhile. I love NO humidity!

Lots to look forward to this week. My cousin gets married on Friday so we have LOTS of extended family activities. We'll probably throw in a hike or two, swimming, and a movie too.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I miss you all already!!! I've cleaned up everything and the only proof I have that you were here are the fingerprints on the glass screendoor and the chalk drawings on the front sidewalk. It was so much fun to spend time with you. Thank you so much for coming and spending a week with us. Also, thanks for cleaning the garage...so nice to be able to open the car door without hitting something. Love you guys!