Sunday, July 18, 2010

Glistening in Illinois

After a week of dry air the humidity of the midwest was especially noticeable. Inside the airport it was air conditioned and it gave a false picture of what really existed outside. The kids wanted to run outside while we waited for the shuttle. No problem. Again I noticed the sweaty hair that we haven't seen for a week. I'm home! Not that I particularly enjoy the humidity...in fact, I really am closer to detesting it (yes, even after 15 years of marriage and most of them with humidity). But as we walked down the terminal tunnel to the plane in Phoenix it was 110 degrees there too. I thought then that I'd choose 110 at HOME before I'd choose 110 in Phoenix.

The rest of our trip was great! We went to a movie, went swimming, hiked Stewart Falls again, played at the park, and went to Chuck E. Cheese's. I was personally able to attend my cousin's wedding and finish the top to my Girls Camp T-Shirt Quilt! THAT was exciting. My uncle was the sealer and I learned some fabulous things about the endowment in the temple, families, and the Savior. It is nice to learn and feel the Spirit in that way. And my t-shirt quilt....? I am SO excited about it. I did 99% of the entire thing. I am so glad that my mom was there to guide me along....even if she did have me sew one on upside down ;) We laughed about it and then a couple days later I did the same thing. It was nice to do a project with my mom again. Oh! I also cleaned out her garage. I wish my garage were that easy to clean out!

Pictures to follow....later.

No comments: