Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Sports

I love summer sports....only this year has been very weird for us. First, we have been gone a lot with vacations. Second, the rain has rained out A LOT of our games. Poor Cody has only played ONE game...but as you can see, he had A LOT of FUN!
He his REALLY well. Can't you tell how EXCITED he is to make it to First Base? Yeah..he jumped to the base. One day he'll learn to run THROUGH the base...but there is time.
Yes, T-Ball is a free for all....no matter how the coach tries to reign them in or teach them positions. Again, ONE DAY they'll learn. You see that Cody may actually get to this ball FIRST this time.
Kelsey, too, has not been at a lot of games. I think she has only played TWO. Yikes....I think I would have killed my parents if they took me away that much. Of course, they are young....but Spencer is NOT young anymore. One evening game I was commenting on how much we have been gone and how Spencer improved for a bit then kind of hit a plateau. Her comment...."There's more to life than baseball."
While I know that is true, I cringed a bit knowing how very much I DIDN'T believe this statement for A LOT of years! I sometimes feel bad for him, but ... again, one day!

No comments: