Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Odd timing

When I took Jordan to school for the first time it was a bit nostalgic....sentimental....but not near as much as I had heard about and almost expected! But I was glad he was learning and I was entering a new realm of motherhood and parenting. With more kids on the way and already here I still was quite busy at home.

As each of my children have entered kindergarten or pre school I haven't really cried or anything...not even ANY emotional feelings really. I thought this was odd coming from me - the emotional gal! But nope!

Not even with Cody did I get teary eyed or anything. Off he went....hopping out of the van with Kelsey and into the life of a school boy. He's my last and I thought for sure I might get a little twinge with him. Still nothing. I almost felt too hardened inside.

But today as I was dropping him off at the park to play (the Park District hosts playground activities all summer at the parks for the kids -- this is Cody's first time) and then getting in the van to leave for an hour and a half of errands and such, it ALL came.....whooosh! Jeepers....I had to hold the tears in. Funny, the past rushed before my eyes....moving to Effingham, Jordan going to this play group when we first moved here, and now Cody is my last one.

It was an odd feeling that came at an odd time! Life is moving forward and moving on!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

So sweet! I will probably bawl my head off when my time comes...
BTW, you definitely need to take your kids to the City Museum, they are the perfect age for that and I think you would love it too ;) Good to see you last week at YC!

Mama Mary said...

I love you, Denise ~ that's it ~ just wanted you to know that. You are so awesome ~ keep loving those babies (well, children) and blogging ~ you will be SO pleased to have all these thoughts and memories recored! Mama Mary :>) . . .