Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Sounds of Sunday

It has taken some getting used to, but a lawnmower sound as I go outside each Sunday has become pretty natural.

But the Sounds of Sunday that I enjoy most are my children playing with each other.

Kelsey also learned to ride a bike this weekend! It has taken a lot of practice and no help from me. She always wanted to do it on her own...so she did. I'm pretty impressed.



Church today was nice. I enjoyed listening to the words of one of our newest 12 year olds! He spoke about following the Prophet. What pertinent and timely words!

President Lunt, our Stake President, came and spoke also. I enjoyed his topic of bringing others to Christ, rescuing (to put it in Pres Monson's vernacular). It touched me to hear that doing the basics, the reading and praying and converting ourselves would start the process.

So, the Sounds of Sunday have been nice for me so far today. The Young Women participated in class and I get to go to a Sunday Evening Discussion in Mattoon put on by Brother McNabb about Mormon Myths. Should be a nice addition to my Sounds of Sunday.

1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

It 'sounds' like you're having a nice day! I hope so! I had a wonderful time last night spending a few hours with you - just visiting! You are such a wonderful person! Love ya!