Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dinner Conversation

When I was younger I used to get white cleats to play softball. I remember hating that they looked so neat and clean...so I'd get out in the infield and brush dirt all over them the first time I would wear them. My reasoning? Hmmm.....I think I wanted to look like I'd been playing for a while...not the new kid on the block. Ha...my playing should have given that away :)

So tonight Spencer is saying he needs new shoes. My retort is that he has a couple brand new (or nearly new) pairs in his closet. "Ha!" says he, "they are too neat!" Ahhhhh....MY child! I had nothing to say. I knew how he felt...and it stumped me in my shoes, dead in my tracks.

Hamburgers for dinner tonight...usually a big hit at our house. We even had garden tomatoes! But NO ONE wanted them tonight. When they finally got the hint that we WERE having hamburgers all I heard was, "Can my ketchup be a smiley face?!!!!" (Cody and Kelsey) "Don't forget the mustard! I LOVE mustard way more than ketchup!!!" (Spencer) "I didn't see the tomatoes." (Scott)

As we got to talking about our favorite part of the day....no one could think of anything, like it was a horrible no good terrible day. Actually, it was quite the opposite. I had packed the car last night so I could spend the day with the family today. It worked out well. Not too much fighting to get the rooms clean (they are learning that it is soooooo much easier if we do it more than once a week --- wait, who am I kidding...more than once a month!), then shopping for the last minute items for Girls Camp, picking up donations for Girls Camp, a yard sale a friend was having and home to relax. It rained and poured...their favorite in the summer! They LOVE to jump on the trampoline in the rain, just basically play in the rain. So...FINALLY...they got the hang of we had a good day type things.

I'm sure there were more witty comments that I am forgetting. I remember laughing way harder than this blog entry shows. Oh well....I should have blogged AT DINNER if I didn't want to forget at least SOME of it.

GREAT Day with the family! I will miss them for a week! But am excited to be heading to Girls Camp 2009 -- Partakers of the Gift!

1 comment:

tcarie said...

I hate the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days. Glad your turned out well. I'll miss you and your stories this week. Have a good week at camp.