Monday, August 17, 2009

New School Orientation

Well, TODAY was our first "practice" day of getting up early for school. We have been VERY lax this summer....our first without a pretty routine bed time ritual. Oh well....I think that I am the one that slept in....ooops. We will go to bed early again and hopefully do better tomorrow. I'm hoping for the excitement factor to kick in on that first day of school. They'll all be so excited that they will get up at the first sound of "school."

Tonight I went to Kelsey's orientation...or at least part of it. We went early to meet the teacher since I knew I wouldn't be staying long enough to do so. She is sweet. Her name is Mrs. Beck and she looks and sounds fun already. She won Kelsey's heart right off with a huge HUG! I didn't stay for the principal's words...I've heard them 4 times already.

But Jordan's was different....he's in 6th grade...a new school with a new routine....moving classes. The gym was hot. The auditorium was hot. But we endured. Dragging 3 kids is never fun for anyone. But we made it. I think Jordan will have a good time. He's mastered his locker and I think he knows where his classes are. I met a few of his teachers. "PUSH HIM!" was my plea!!! They all were excited about THAT.....which makes for a happy mama!

We are all excited for school to start again. I think I am most excited about having an established routine again. Jordan is excited for friends. Spencer for homework (funny kid). Kelsey for the social aspects and learning to read more. And Cody just to be like his brothers and sister.

Yeah for School!!!!

No comments: