Sunday, January 3, 2010

CTR to the Rescue

Today was the first Sunday of the Year....so the coveted CTR rings came out. Yeah, those that the children get and wear with pride then lose within a week. They love them tho...and I love that they wear them with pride.

Cody came to me after the meetings and showed me his. Kelsey was sporting one as well. They were so excited. I was talking to one of the Stake Presidency and off Cody ran shouting, "CTR to the rescue!!!" with his right hand pointed out and running down the hall. We looked at each other.....'OUT OF THE MOUTHES OF BABES!"

*************************************

What a relaxing day. I laid on the couch and read the New Era Magazine while the kids have played pretty well all day. Then while cooking some dinner Spencer and Cody were running around and bang....into a wall Cody went. It wasn't until SPENCER screamed that I knew it was more than the usual.

I got over there to Cody on all four's dripping blood from his little head. That little guy has hit his head a gazillion times...why THIS time does it get split open. He was being brave in his crying though. And Spencer was responding quicker than usual to my requests to get things for me.

It is nice to hold my children. I much prefer it when they AREN'T sick or hurt. But as I held that little guy tonight I just relished his little body and life I am so intertwined with. Poor little guy to have a cut on his head, but a brave little boy too.

*********************************

Tonight we made fresh orange juice with my juicer. The kids love it. Actually, THEY made it while I held Cody. It was tasty. Then they made some apple juice. Cody was better by this time and wanted to make it. It is fun to be in the kitchen with my children and see them loving the fruits of their labors.

NO pics today...sorry.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I LOVE that! CTR to the rescue. It's so true. Danny never, ever wears those rings, so I feel bad that they give him one. YET, on Monday as we ate dinner before FHE, he looked at the CTR and proceeded to tell me what it stands for and how he can choose the right. So, I guess it's not a waste, after all.