Saturday, January 9, 2010

Surprise!

BREAKFAST IN BED!!!!

This morning I had my usual wake-up call with snuggley kids in my bed. I LOVE that! All of a sudden Spencer bolted out of bed and said he'd be right back.

Sure enough...he was right back....complete with a bowl or rice krispies (on a plate, of course, so it didn't spill --- good thinkin'). "I planned this all last night," he told me as he rubbed lotion on my feet. Kelsey was a bit miffed that he didn't bring breakfast for her. But I was happy!

Yeah...my total run around crazy boy is also the one who is sensitive and brings me breakfast in bed! How cool is that! He is also the one who told me last night after I cooked dinner that he wants me to teach HIM to cook so he can cook for ME! "You'll take care of me when I'm old, won't you?" I asked him. "Yep....I'll NEVER move out. I will live with you forever." It reminded me of a book I used to read to Jordan about little bear who wants to live with HIS mom forever.

I just smiled and took it all in.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm all for communal living. I would love my kids and families living with me. It gets so quiet in this house!

LynnEl Springer said...

I knew I loved that kiddo - Spencer! What a sensitive spirit he has! Even at 9 years old! Amazing! I love your kids! Cherish the moments!