Even small traditions (in the form of routine) keep our family together. Check out tonight.....
As I read the Book of Mormon to the children tonight, said our prayers, and then proceeded upon our nightly routine of telling stories to Cody and Kelsey, reading a chapter out of Spencer’s book, and chatting with Jordan, I realized once again that life continues to go on. The traditions may be small, but they hold our family together. I wondered how many times I have sung “Twinkle, twinkle little star”…followed by “The First Noel”…and then “O Holy Night.” I started one Christmas season with Jordan MANY years ago…it stuck. In fact, it made me laugh then and still makes me chuckle that his first Sunday as a Sunbeam in Primary when asked his favorite song (evidently they were going to sing it for him…thinking it would surely be a Primary song at his young age) he replied, “O Holy Night.” They declined, telling him his mom would sing it for him later that day. I sang it tonight as Cody rolled off to sleep. I entered Kelsey’s room to rub her back and tell her a story. Our new tradition is for her to name a color, name, and animal and then I tell a story using those three. It is quite fun. At times I feel too busy with all the things I must get done to stop and go through this routine of tradition with my children. But tonight I sit here AFTER the routine and am happy for the little things that keep us going through thick and thin.
No comments:
Post a Comment