Thursday, January 21, 2010

What ye sow, ye too shall reap

It is always nice to see the good streaks within my children. Of all my children, I believe at this point in time Spencer is my most generous.....but he may have a neighbor at that post!

Jordan had some money that has been burning a hole in his proverbial pocket - literally! So we went shopping. His cousin had ousted his favorite beanie hat he got for Christmas so he was headed to buy another one. In the convenience store where he found the ones he loved most we checked to find only 3 left...and he wasn't fond of ANY of them. As we checked through them in walks Spencer with the proudest excited look on his face! He had brought JUST ENOUGH money to buy a wooden sword for Cody (just like the one Spencer has). When I got in the van Scott said the tale went as follows:

Cody: "This is the store with the wooden swords like you have, Spencer! I want one!"
Spencer: "I brought some money. I'll go get you one!"

Spencer's immediate charity and generosity without even ever thinking of himself is such an example to me, to our family. I was proud of him.

So we head to another store where I have seen some hats Jordan likes. They are DRASTICALLY marked down so he says, "Hey, I'd like to be nice too...how about I get you one, Spencer!" And then helped him pick out just the one Spencer liked best. I am proud of him too.

To another store to spend the last of Jordan's money. This time Kelsey is begging for toothpaste (remember my last post on LIBERATION? THIS is why I prefer to go alone!) I wasn't buying ANYTHING so....Jordan sneakily got it for her. I loved that he was so willing as well as so excited and determined to get her something (so EVERYONE in the family could have something to take home, not just him!)

Yes, what comes around goes around. Thank you, Spencer, for starting the generosity ball moving! Thank you, Jordan, for joining the fun and giving me a great shopping out with EVERYONE!

No comments: