It seems that I will always be indebted to friends! Indebted seems like a negative word, but in this case I will forever be grateful that at every turn my children are taken care of by my friends. That almost makes it sound like I am not there for my children. I am. I am just grateful that my friends love my children too.
Monday and Wednesday Spencer got to go spend some time with Kevin Jones. Now Kevin is 17 and Spencer REALLY looks up to him. Kevin could have done a lot of other things with his days but he spent them with Spencer making his day. ANYTHING Kevin did was perfect to Spencer...and to have ALL that attention from him? He came home beaming (and wanting to go back all day). Spencer even worked with Kevin getting some things done around their house. I guess working with friends is much greater and way more fun than working at home!
We went up to Scout Camp last night for family night. It was really fun! Kelsey cracked me up on the way out. "I only kinda miss Daddy, but I guess it will be fun to see him." But when we got there ALL THREE of them took off running for Daddy! Cody spent the evening glued to Scott. Spencer was pretty enthralled with the fire and the knives. And Kelsey pretty much played with the boys....her to a tee! The leaders at Camp and the boys are so good to my family. I watched Kelsey interact and all those older boys were so kind to her ... letting her play and walking with her, etc. It made her night.
Friends make the world go 'round. Family takes care of you, but when you live a long way away it is nice to have close friends to support and love you. I was given some wise counsel one time about choosing friends carefully. I am grateful for the times when my wise choices have paid off for me and for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment