Before we left for Utah I found a tick behind Cody's ear. He must have gotten it in TN and I found it when they returned. It was a tiny bit frantic for me. I remember growing up and heading up to Idaho and my dad telling me stories about ticks. I was very afraid I would get one and was careful not to at every cost. Well, that may be stretching it a bit...I was a rowdy kid who didn't care much about getting dirty, and have ALWAYS loved being outside. Still, as fearless as I thought myself to be, I had a fear of the elusive tick.
Yesterday we went up to Lake Shelbyville. Cody stayed with Jordan and didn't go on the hike with us. We all sprayed ourselves but I didn't much worry about Cody since Jordan was pretty much tied to the van and the A/C. I hate to say that I didn't notice it last night while getting him ready for bed. But today I found it on his waistband while getting him ready to go swimming. The head got stuck so swimming was out while we put neosporin and a band aid on hoping to 'soak' it out. Poor Cody...didn't get to go swimming, AND had tick #2. Thankfully, tonight it came out and he is a happy boy.
NEVER BEFORE have we had a tick in our family. We have had them on our clothing and just flicked them off....even in the car and just flicked them out. But NEVER "IN" our skin. A new experience for me....and both within a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment