Saturday, July 25, 2009

The New Bike

While in TN last time Cody got a new bike from Nana! It is red (his FAVORITE color) and he was soooo excited to show me. But even with training wheels he's not so keen on riding it yet. I haven't spent the time necessary (yet) to help him out. So, when at our friend's house I saw him spending the evening on the bike with no pedals.....I decided I could figure that out and make him one myself.

So I did!

I found a rusted old bike with broken pedals at a Consignment Shop. They wanted $10 but I didn't want to spend that much....I offered him $5 and took it home. I got right to work since he was at a friend's house with Kelsey and Spencer. It took a bit of elbow grease (and help from Scott) but we got it done.

When he came home and saw it he went right to work.....LOVED it! THAT made me happy. I snapped a few pics of my happy boy!

No comments: