Oh my goodness! As much as I LOVE softball, Kelsey's game went a bit long tonight. I am sure in the future I will LOVE LOVE LOVE it...but when, at 6, she is used to playing for 45 minutes where each player gets a turn to bat and they don't count the outs....then tonight the game went 1 hour and 30 minutes. It definitely was fun - don't get me wrong. Maybe it was that I KNEW that tonight I would be pulling an all-nighter and getting started an hour later means getting to bed an hour later! I don't know.
But, really, it was fun. Kelsey had a ball. She got some pretty ok hits ... she is a fast little runner and came in across home plate with the biggest smile EVER. THIS is when I should have had my camera! She also learned to actually throw the ball in from the outfield instead of hold it and try to make a decision (the runners run around the bases when we do that). She was VERY tired since the game didn't start til 7pm, but said she REALLY liked the game...probably better than the regular games.
A friend of mine has a daughter on the team. She and I both played ball when we were younger...even shortstop! We laughed as we sat yelling out to the field as to what we would be like when our 6 year olds actually were old enough to play a REAL game.....this was as close as I have come with Kelsey. We even got to play under the lights.
Summer and softball go hand in hand! Tonight is was NOT HOT and that was good. The boys played at the park and I sat in the stands. As I sat I wondered about those many long years ago when it was MY MOM in the stands and my dad pacing...always standing. These will be busy times....but fun times!
1 comment:
I remember "Bleacher Bum" well. Even miss it.....a little.
Post a Comment