The ceremony for the Evening Program was a highlight, but mostly for Spencer. HE came away totally wanting to be a scout and get the Order of the ARROW award someday. The HUGE bonfire, the way it was lit, and the Indian Folklore all intrigued him. He was at attention the entire program.
I didn't take my camera though....duh! What was I thinking? At least I got everyone there is what I was thinking. But without my camera I wasn't able to get some shots I would have liked. OH WELL, Bro G got some and I stole them from his facebook page.
I spent a considerable amount of time listening to Scott tell his tales of the Pathfinder (1st years) group. He was exhausted...I understood. I enjoyed listening to him with nothing else on the agenda. It was nice.
As for Jordan, he couldn't quit hugging Cody. I think he missed Cody the most. But he sure let Kelsey and Spencer hug him, which was nice. He was excited as he shared stories of the skit and of various other activities. He is exhausted too, but had a great time. Though he won't say it out loud to me, I think he was glad to have his dad there the entire time with him. As he gave the "goodies" to the kids he was happy. I like to see him happy.
I can't tell you all that happened....the raccoons the size of a medium sized dog (~50 lbs or so, says Scott), the cats, the lizards, the knife sharpening, the shooting, the greased watermelon in the pool, the sleeping out under the stars and getting woken up in time to get back in the tent before the rain last night, the countless games and time with his friends, the campfires, etc. I'm sure I'll get more stories as time goes by. I think I'll spend the next few nights laying by him to get these personal stories.
Here are the few pics I stole from Bro G. The one I wish I had was in the slideshow for the Family Night...Jordan in the pool treading water, I think.
Jordan just happy to be at Camp.
Jordan at the mic during their skit(a boy dreamed of the week of camp....some funny things, so I hear)
Caleb hamming it up during the skit.
Jordan, Andrew Embry, and Justin Bruin receiving their Pathfinder Awards.I think he'll enjoy Scout Camp every year. The camp asked Scott to be the Program Director for the Pathfinders. He will forever be good at that stuff, and people will continue to ask him to direct their programs. Wish we could do it all! Wish HE could do it all....influencing youth is a great thing and he is great at it!
1 comment:
How can he be that old already! I miss his little chuckle.
Post a Comment