Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sunflower Birdfeeder

While in Branson with my mom and sisters we saw this really cool sunflower bird feeder made out of an old tire. Mom almost bought one. I said to myself, "Surely I can make one of those for WAY less than $20!" She didn't get one and I decided to make one....sometime.

After than trip I was at Central Grade School where my neighbor works as one of the secretaries. I had noticed some old tires in her burn pile (her son is big into working on cars -- fixing mustangs from the ground up. They turn out pretty cool!) I mentioned the sunflower bird feeder to her and ironically the other secretary had JUST seen one, bought one, showed it to my neighbor, etc. Needless to say, she was overjoyed at the possibility of making one with me. So....we decided that we would....sometime this summer.

After getting home from my friend's house last night I got a message from her about getting together to get them done. Funny! I had been thinking that I had finally gotten myself to a non stress point with Girls Camp preparations and was going to call her. She had been busy with life and LOTS of company and vacations too. So today we made them. They still need chain to hang them...I'll go get some tomorrow (or so). But I figured I needed to get this posted now or maybe I would forget until way too late.

They turned out cute. I'm excited to get mine hanging...eventually.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I do believe I can see "MOM" written on the edge of one of those. They turned out so cute. Love that you can see something and just make it.