Friday, March 27, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I spent the day searching for a camping site for the Young Women...a 4th year overnighter. As I walked through the camp sites all I could think about was how much I LOVE the outdoors! How much I love being outside in God's country. No one was there as the campgrounds were not yet open for the season. It made for a very peaceful experience. Some campsites overlook the lake....it was the most peaceful place that I have been in a long time and I really enjoyed it. To hear the birds chirping and the wind on the lake, the water lapping up onto the beaches...peaceful sounds. I imagined camping there with a campfire and a clear night sky. Of course, many of my camp nostalgia comes from out west ... and a camp fire HERE in July when the mugginess is heightening isn't the most appealing thought. But a clear night sky and a campfire is what I was dreaming about. Something about being outside in nature brings a dreaminess to me. It gets me excited for summer time activities.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

i love your blog cuz it reminds me of how much we have to be grateful for! thanks!