Thursday, March 12, 2009

TIMING

Last Sunday a friend called me over after Sunday School for a favor. Of course, regardless of the full load I possess right now, I skipped over happy to help. One of the YW is going to be on the softball team at school and needs some practice and help with her hitting. My immediate response was that hitting is all in the timing.....just like life. Oh how many life lessons I have learned on the softball field! (I AM, incidentally, excited to help her with her swing....softball is too much fun to not help).

Timing in life truly is key. Today as I walked out of Aldi I heard my name called. It was a friend. Had I gotten there later, not looked at so much stuff, hurried faster or whatever....I would have missed that opportunity. Coincidence is what most would call it. I choose to believe it was a blessing from above....something I needed.

The Lord's timing is perfect. HE knows what I need when I need it. Despite how I pray for things, His timing will always wins out. I have learned, and continue learning, in my life that matching my will to His will bring me the most peace, joy, and happiness. I believe Elder Oaks gave a talk about it one time. It's like the old saying, when one door closes another door opens. His timing! NOT coincidence!

No comments: