Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody!

A little late...but here nonetheless! 4 years ago YESTERDAY...yes, St. Patrick's Day....Cody was born. How well I remember the experience. So...as I rushed home from taking the kids to school to make cupcakes before I had to teach school, then rushed home to frost them before school was over...I was taking them to school for him, I thought about 4 years ago and the feelings I was having then. Nervousness rang a huge bell for me. Though I was ready and had been through it 3 previous times, I was nervous. Excited, but scared to death all at the same time. I thought of his little face then, those eyes looking into mine. Those little eyes melt my heart every time. And so as I walked into the school with a tray full of chocolate cupcakes, complete with GREEN icing and Lightning McQueen & Mater toothpicks, I thought of that smile he has now that melts my heart in the same way it did when he was born. They were listening to some Irish singers so I sat in the back and watched. I chuckled inside as he wasn't too into it all. Somewhere about the end he turned around and noticed me. That smile!!!! That smile that melts my heart, complete with the eyes and face to make all the mothering hardships and struggles and trials and mishaps definitely more worth it. I held his hand as we quietly walked to his classroom. It was then that I realized I had overbooked my day....or was far too busy to remember ALL things. Why didn't I bring my camera????? I don't know...at least I remembered to get the cupcakes baked, iced, and TO the school before school let out!

The next part was priceless. Miss Jeni has a little birthday routine where the birthday child stands in the middle of the carpet and the rest of the class sings a song (from a CD...a fun dancing type song) and dances around him. He was all smiles...literally. I wished I would have taken a picture or got a video of it. PRICELESS!!! But hopefully my memory will serve me well. Miss Jeni even dances with him, spinning him around. He LOVED it...loved the attention....and loved having me there. I LOVE being a mom! Of course, what I think he loved equally as much was the birthday box....a special toy he, and only HE, got to pick out. HOW FUN! I am glad that even though I took no pictures and got no videos I WAS there!

Happy Birthday, Cody!!!!!

No comments: