During Fast and Testimony meeting today...during one of the testimonies...during the chaos of the Demers' row, I had a thought. It is always amazing to me that I can have these life changing, spiritual type thoughts amidst the chaos of kids. For some reason my orange block of a not-near-finished crocheted scarf came to my mind. Why? I have NO idea. But in the split second I had to think about it I realized that I have never really picked it up again...though I have thought about it quite a few times. I thought about other things I put down and never get around to picking up again...be them good or bad habits. Specifically today I thought about the scriptures, my testimony, things like that. I thought about how regardless of how often I bear my testimony I still know it's true. But then I thought harder....."a testimony is to be found in the bearing of it." If I neglect it, it too will be put aside waiting for me to "get around to it again." Such is also the case with the scriptures. I have nearly forgotten how to crochet that little scarf....or forgotten doing it at all, the surroundings, the feelings associated with it, etc, though it sits in my cubby in the mud room for me to see every day. If I put down the scriptures for a goodly length of time, I can only assume the same will happen. I will nearly forget how to read them....forget the feelings associated with reading them. Not that I don't know that this orange half scarf of mine CAN be finished and even know HOW to finish it...if I don't actually pick it up...it will never get finished. Same with the scriptures...if I don't pick them up, I will never find the peace and serenity they bring to my life. Yes, I know HOW to pick them up. I even know the joy they bring. But not picking them up....that is the sad thing. Not bearing my testimony...that is the sad thing to me.
I am sure the thoughts could go further....and maybe even be more concise and exactly what I am thinking, not just rambling on and on about it. But I tend to forget these little moments if I don't write them down. So, I'll leave it at that....a thought amidst the chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment