The Primary Secretary called me a couple days ago to remind me of Cody's talk in Primary today. We had had a couple weeks of Conferences so we hadn't met as a Branch for awhile. I'm glad she called because I wouldn't have remembered AT ALL. This way I was able to put something together that would be more 4 year old like (pictures, etc) than just words to read...or repeat.
It was a proud mama moment for me. He wasn't nervous to get up there at all. Of course, he doesn't talk loud enough EVER for anyone to hear, but he did talk....instead of just crumbling into my shoulder like I've had before. He was proud to hold a picture of his family - his smile said it all. Of course, I think I am the ONLY one who saw that precious smile since he was holding the picture in front of his face the entire time. And holding the scriptures was paramount for him. When I told him he was to speak today his first (and only) comment was, "I need my scriptures." That made me happy. Kelsey wondered why he had them if he never read from them. But I was just happy he knew to HAVE them and that he was so proud and happy to hold them in Primary.
He did a great job. Helping that little guy makes my heart swell....huge like....inside my chest! It felt to burst today. I like that feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment