Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I wish I had a continual recorder for all the funny, witty, cute things my children say. This morning on the way to school Cody mentioned that his feet WON'T grow but his body will.

Yesterday as Kelsey and I walked out of my bedroom and as we passed her bedroom she exclaimed excitedly, "I absolutely LOVE my new bedroom color!" And with a big huge hug, "I could look at it all day long and still be happy." Truthfully, I am surprised she didn't use "Fancy Nancy" style words like she has been doing a lot lately. "That is fabulous. Fabulous is a fancy word for good or great." She is funny (Fancy Nancy AND Kelsey).

To listen to Jordan laugh this morning brought a smile to my face. He was laughing as he watched a squirrel get stuck on our trampoline. He kept laughing until the little guy found a way down. "He's just bouncing around!" he said through laughter.

Spencer is just funny. He is constantly singing some weird song and saying some funky line from a movie he saw whenever. Last night when I came upstairs to go to bed he was still awake. "Spencer, it is 9:30! Go to sleep." "No, mom," came his reply, "it's only 9:23! And I think my belly is hungry. It wants something not food like dinner, but food." He cracks me up....though at 9:23 I'm not always in a jovial mood when he isn't asleep.....I did have a little chuckle inside.

I wish I could keep these, AND ALL OTHERS, in my brain and not forget the cute things children say. It would do me well in the occasions where they AREN'T so cute!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Yep, they sure do. And I for one am always forgetting the funny stuff, so I really need to be better about writing it all down....