Friday, April 10, 2009

A Day to Remember

Today is a day to remember!

Scott's friend and his wife came to visit for their anniversary. For one, who in their right mind would go visit friends for a 1st anniversary? For ANY anniversary for that matter ... ha ha ha. But...I suppose it would be fine for us!

We didn't do much....but when Scott and his friend went out to "play," his wife and I got down to business with a simple question she probably regrets...."Is there anything, any project, I can help you with?

Boy, oh boy! We ripped off wallpaper in BOTH kids' rooms upstairs. She even got to work and cleaned out Kelsey's room. Wow! I wasn't sure whose room I was walking into. So....they are ready to be painted....AND a new set of beds I will make soon for the boys' room.

But it doesn't end there.....it gets better for a mother heart.

After a movie we opted for one short prayer and getting the kids to bed...it was late, after all. Cody refused to NOT pray....Spencer too. I thought about it in that brief moment....all the times I have been praying with them NIGHTLY, even amidst their fighting me or whatever, they are hopefully maybe "getting it." To hear BOTH of them refuse to go to bed WITHOUT praying made this DEFINITELY a Day to Remember!

No comments: