The week in a glance:
EASTER SUNDAY
Mother of the year will NEVER go to me! A weekend with Scott's friends in town and no desire to take kids to Easter Egg hunts. We colored eggs on Saturday, but not enough, evidently. Cody had devoured his within 2 hours and Spencer was right behind. Seeing the eggs quickly being eaten, Kelsey hid hers in her bedroom....unbeknownst to me, of course. Jordan's were the only ones left to my knowledge. So, when the Easter Bunny hadn't hidden any plastic eggs full of candy NOR were the colored eggs hidden Kelsey had a meltdown...literally. Scott Demers to the rescue...as usual. He played a hiding game with her eggs and all was well before church Sunday morning.
The missionaries came for Easter Dinner which was nice...quiet with good food. Did I say quiet? What am I thinking? NO meal at our house is quiet....but this one wasn't too bad. It was Elder Packer's birthday so we played some games outside. He is dying to beat me at HORSE, but for some reason I was making all my shots. Scott tried to warn him...oh well. It was fun. EVERYONE played for awhile...then wanted to play freezetag. Shooting a basketball and running are two entirely different things. I may be able to still shoot well, but I am NOT fast anymore. Heck, I never was! But it was a blast. Here are some pictures and my favorite movie. Everyone was falling down and running into one another. I wished I had my camera. When Cody biffed it for the 2nd time I sat and held him...a perfect opportunity to take some pictures.



GRANDMA'S HERE!
Grandma and Aunt Krista came on Tuesday....what fun! Grandma had made each of my children a pillow case. She also brought each one a fun little light up toy...that I was amazed at how they played with them - AND the pillowcases. Jordan, as you will see in the video, was consumed (as usual) with a book. His BYU pillow case went directly to his pillow afterwards tho.
KELSEY'S NEW ROOM
Last weekend we pulled the wallpaper off Kelsey's room getting it ready to re arrange and paint. Mom (Grandma) and Aunt Krista came on Tuesday evening so Wednesday we dove into Kelsey's room after the kids were at school. She chose a light purple color for the walls and I really like it...despite purple not being a favorite color of mine. It is totally Kelsey and that is what I like. She is happy too. Next we will rid her room of tons of clothes so she only has enough to wear. Still gotta finish the project, but the BIG parts are done.
Diving into her room made me itch to dive headfirst into the rest of my projects....someday! The list of projects? Hmmmm....far too long to write here. Let's just say it involves a lot of construction downstairs. I am SO excited to get a bathroom downstairs this spring/summer and enclose the extra bedroom there too. A new fan in my bathroom? New tile in the mudroom? New floor in the kids' bathroom? And how could I forget???? Cody, since he saw Kelsey's new room has DAILY reminded me that HIS room is next....he wants it red like Lightning McQueen. We'll see about that....I'm not sure red would be my first choice for Spencer :) But he wants it Cars and Spencer wants Dinosaurs.
AT THE PARK
We finally had a real nice day outside so after school we took the kids to the park. Jordan constantly wants to play catch.....so I throw the football around with him.

The rest are exploring the playgrounds the entire time. At this particular park there is a little stream. Usually it is dry, but with all the recent rain it was full of water. It's not deep, but there are a lot of jagged rocks. So, I told them not to play down there. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I was playing catch with Jordan and soon I hear Cody. Up he comes from where I said NOT to go - he was following Spencer, in his defense. But I wasn't mad...just felt bad that he continued his "bruiser" status. After looking at his little face I felt super bad....it must have been super scary to fall on his face down there. He sat with me for awhile then.....all was back to normal.


SHOPPING
YIKES! One surefire way to start a diet or exercise/weight loss program is to go shopping for clothes. Those stinkin' mirrors get me every time! Online, I found, isn't much better. Just like at the store, the skirt or shirt (or whatever) looks FABULOUS on the manikin (be that stinkin' manikin tall and skinny). Then you put it on and .... hmmmmm ... something changed between the time you see it on the manikin and on yourself. Online it looks great in a picture. Then I found the virtual model. "Try it on" they say. So I clicked it and 'tried it on.' Now how in the world do they know my belly sticks out or those rolls are there? Trying it on in the store is no different than those stinkin' mirrors at the store.
Needless to say, mom DID get me an outfit for an upcoming speaking assignment. And needless to say, I WILL be starting this new "routine" of mine....again. THIS time I HAVE to be more diligent!!!!!!
SEMINARY
Boy, oh boy! I LOVE the scriptures. The writings of Paul aren't the easiest to understand but they sure are beautifully written as they depict Paul's ultimate love for and dependance on the Savior. HE knows what it means to NEED Christ. HE knows how it feels to RECEIVE Christ. And HE wants all of US to realize our dependance on, need for, and then to receive Him also. His letter to Philemon stands out as such a symbollic letter as he pleads Onesimus' case (Philemon's runaway slave) to Philemon......just like the Savior pleads our case to the Father. Verse 18 states:
If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee aought, put that on mine account;
This year at Girls Camp our Theme is "Partakers of the Gift." Paul speaks a lot about partaking of the things of Christ. I made a little note for each one. But then the huge moment for me came in 1 Timothy 4. Verse 12 is the YW/YM theme for this year:
12 ... be thou an bexample of the believers, in word, in cconversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in dpurity.
My kicker came in verse 14
14 aNeglect not the bgift that is in thee
How easy it is to neglect, or put aside, the gifts our Heavenly Father has given us...to not think they are worthy of recognition, or as good as someone else's, etc. Though I probably fall short in this area, this is sad to me. As a youth I KNOW I didn't realize that MY talents were just as good as anyone else's. As a youth we seem to look to the outward appearance...the noticable things that make us look pretty, or have boyfriends, or whatever. But our Father in Heaven has given EACH of His children gifts...talents that only we have. As we work together out gifts compliment each other, and make us beautiful.
Paul's writings are magnificent because they focus on our Savior...our need for Him, our ultimate need to depend on Him FIRST and FOREMOST in every part of our life.
RS TEMPLE TRIP
I'm a social butterfly. Too bad we all went early to catch an earlier session. I don't know about the sessions the Stake had set out for us, but ours was TOTALLY packed...standing room only. It took WAY longer than usual....but it was good. I LOVE being at the temple, regardless of the time it takes. I just wish I would have been able to see more of my friends from the Stake.
Sometimes the session is so spiritual it brings tears to my eyes (as it was the last time I went). And sometimes it is more practical in its revealings to my soul. Somehow the laundry made its way to the forefront of my mind.....maybe because it is something I am ALWAYS doing at home. In my effort to organize the kids' rooms after painting Kelsey's I have not put clothes away for a very long time. I am waiting until I will ONLY put back exactly what they need, get rid of ruined clothes or clothes that are too small. But the laundry remains now as an insurmountable boulder that causes me a lot of stress. It amazes me that even though my prayer as I entered the temple was definitely NOT about laundry and the "at home" things, the Lord saw fit to give me a piece of heaven when I needed it most.
But the time with my friends from the Branch was GREAT, as usual. I think a couple of us ate something spiked in some way....or we were just overly tired....because we couldn't stop laughing the entire time home. Friends make life bearable!
And so there you have it....my week in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment