Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kelsey

Well, the picture from my last post turned into our Emergency Haircut. Kelsey got up yesterday wanting shorter hair. So, she did a number on her own hair.... a 6-7 inch number....but only half of it. I gave her the choice to have me cut the rest of it off or go to school with half long and half short hair. She cried wanting it longer....which I could understand, I almost cried too. But it looks pretty cute, actually. Jordan saved the day (purely on accident...which makes it even better) with a completely sincere comment of how awesome he thought she looked. She went from crying to beaming....a big hug was in order, which he, of course, sincerely DIDN'T like. But it was special all the same. So, we got it cut 'for real' so her birthday pictures aren't all choppy.

And so today is her birthday - she is 6 years old. Where does the time go? Her hair is adorable and we had a beautiful day. I took a sugar cookie decorated for her birthday to her class at school. I LOVE that she chooses EASY things for mom to do. Her dinner was also my favorite (chicken and mashed potatoes and green beans) so what more could I ask? The sun was shining and we got to go to the park after school. She has worn her birthday hat all day....I half expect to walk by her room on my way to bed and see it STILL on her head.

So, for her birthday here are the things I LOVE about Kelsey:
  1. Her beautiful smile
  2. Her contagious laugh
  3. Her ability to love little children...well, everyone
  4. Her consistent way of ALWAYS complimenting me on EVERYTHING ... from my glasses to my skirt to my shoes to my hair (my morning, just out of bed hair is what prompted her cutting her own hair - to be just like mine. Go figure...my morning hair is far from anywhere near as beautiful as she is!)
  5. Her optimistic view of all things
  6. Her singing and dancing
  7. The way she sees something she wants to accomplish and sets it deep in her mind to do someday...or right now
  8. Her hugs
  9. Her morning snuggles
  10. How she is ALWAYS telling me she loves me....and others too
  11. Her ability to be friends with MY friends
  12. Her beautiful eyes that sparkle when she smiles
  13. EVERYTHING!!!
Here are the pictures from the Emergency Haircut!


Not a happy camper


Feeling a little better with mom's chop job

The HUG


A new haircut
- complete with a french braid that mom will NEVER be able to replicate in a million years despite how much Kelsey wants it


The cookie with mom at school


The birthday girl with the birthday hat

3 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

What a beautiful haircut on a beautiful sweet girl!! Happy Birthday Kelsey!

from one of your mom's friends!
LynnEl

Nicky and Patrick said...

So so so so cute. I love it Kelsey. You look adorable. Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

Jackie said...

Oh so funny but really she does look adorable! Happy Birthday!
ps. she can cut my hair if she wants, I need a big chop right about now!